The Cochise County Library District and libraries around the county will be hosting a series of events in 2021, including two countywide “Big Reads,” in order to raise awareness about local food.
The following events are currently scheduled. Check back as more are added. Archives of past events are available here.
- Wed., April 21, 6pm – Local Food Sources in Cochise County webinar
- Thurs., April 22, 10am-2pm – Earth Day at the Sierra Vista Farmers Market – Come visit our table! We’ll have a microgreen display and seeds available.
- Wed., May 5, 6pm – Making Delicious Food with Fresh Veggies webinar
- Wed., May 19, 6pm – Preserving Local Food webinar
- Wed., June 2, 6pm – Desert Foraging webinar
- Wed., June 16, 6pm – Raising Local Livestock webinar
- Wed., June 30, 6pm – Pop-Up Book Discussion – A discussion of the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and local eating, open to anyone who wishes to attend
- June, 2021 – “Big Read” of Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
- August 28, 2021 – Breakfast at the Garden – We will have a table at this event at the Sierra Vista Community Garden at 300 Wilcox Drive beside the R &M Plaza.
If your book club is interested in reading one of these books, we have book club kits. Contact us for more information.